Hello friends and family,
So, it's kind of hot outside. It seems like no matter how long we run the air conditioner it's still not enough to keep the sweat off of us. To beat the heat, Miriam and I took a trip to the Coralville Reservoir to enjoy the sandy beach and nice cool water. It was a while since we were last there, our best estimate was about two years, so quite a long time, but it was nice to get back and enjoy the outdoors.
Things have really started to pick up with my football officiating. Yesterday I officiated a scrimmage in Anamosa and I realized just how much I had yet to learn. Despite a lot of questions and missteps, the experienced refs were more than willing to give us pointers or tell us some techniques that help them. My first official game is still about three weeks away, but I'm already excited to get working and have fun!
Miriam's eating leftover Olive Garden, thanks to a special treat from the Garrett parents (thanks mom and dad!) and we're just about to start hanging pictures up and watch football (I agreed to help hang up but we had to watch football while doing it, haha). Hopefully this week goes by fast, the weekend sure does.
No comments:
Post a Comment