Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Million Plus Reasons



 I love my husband for a gazillion different reasons.  One of those reasons among the long list is from our little adventure this past weekend.  The short story version is that we had tickets to the Hawkeye game.  We hadn't been to a game together since our marching band days, so we were pretty excited to get to a game.  When we left C.R., the sun was partly shining and it was NOT raining.  So as you can expect when that rain started falling in the first quarter...we were "poncho-less" and armed only with my hot cocoa and B's pop.  Now I will admit that I might have been a bit crabby as I started getting wetter and wetter, but I was not going to mention leaving early from the game because I knew how excited B gets from the Hawkeyes and in addition we had pretty good seats!  However, by the middle of the second quarter Braedan looked at me and to my great relief mentioned that he thought we should go to M-town to pick up Taffy (a story for another day) and listen to the game as we drove in a dry car.  I don't know if it was the fact that it looked like we had taken showers in the middle of Kinnick during a football game, or the fact that we were shivering, but I couldn't have loved Braedan more at that moment!  It was one of those moments where I was trying to be tough to stay at the game for Braedan and Braedan was noticing how chilled I was...I think that those are the moments where you grow as a couple.  Now I didn't mean to make this a mushy post...but I love my husband!  And by the end of the day we were dry, warm and the Hawkeyes won :)

--M

No comments:

Post a Comment