Tuesday, August 13, 2013

1970s At Its Best!

So, here is the story of this bed.  Before I moved into my first apartment in college, someone from our church offered an old bed frame to my family.  It was from the 1970s (clearly) but it was functional and just what I needed.  I bought a mattress, a friend gave us their box spring and we were set.  This little old bed served its purpose for me, then "moved" out of state to go to college with A.  A got good use out of it and then the bed made its journey back in state to go to college with K last year when she moved into her first apartment.
 
Well, the nice thing about being a teacher is that we get summers off.  So, I decided this summer that after going to college three different times and after countless moves in and out of state, this little old bed needed an update. 
We painted it aqua that my dad had left over from another painting project, distressed it...because that's what I love to do, and set it up in K's new apartment.  It looks great!  Cost of the project?  FREE!!






No comments:

Post a Comment