Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Favorite Things: House Edition

As I was cleaning up the kitchen last night, I was thinking about some items that are staples in our house.  I love reading other blogs about products they love, so I thought I would do my own little version.

1.  Parchment paper.  I use this all the time.  It eliminates using cooking spray on pans in the oven and makes cookies crispier in the oven.  It also makes for easy clean up.

2.  Epsom salt.  This has unlimited possibilities. My chief use of it is for cuts.  I get very dry hands and then subsequently have a lot of hang nails.  You know those times where you have a really sore hang nail?  Heat up water, as hot as you can stand, and mix in a tablespoon of Epsom salt.  Soak the your finger in it and the pain and infection goes away.    No joke.  It's amazing.

3.  Borax.  I use this as a laundry booster.  It's all natural, fragrance free and revitalizes laundry and colors.  I put just a little in each load of laundry I do.  It really helps.

4.  Wool blanket.  Okay, so this one isn't necessarily a product.  My mom always put a wool blanket on our beds growing up in the fall/winter and now I do the same thing.  Amazingly, it adds so much warmth to our bed.  You might immediately think that it would get very scratchy, but the wool blanket is one top of our sheet and microfiber blanket.  Makes our bed so warm and cozy on those chilly nights.  Come spring, I wash it, dry it on my clothesline, and store it away for another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment