Since winter is seeming that it is going to last a gazillion years, I thought I would post some of our favorite soup recipes from this past winter!
First off, from one of my favorite blogs (Sixsisterstuff.com), Coconut Lime Chicken Soup. I am a huge coconut fanatic, so right off the bat, I was intrigued. B...well...not so much. However, he is a true believer after trying it and you will be too!
Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
Ingredients:
1 to 2 lbs rotisserie chicken
2 cups of chicken broth
1/4 cup lime juice (2 medium limes)
3 medium carrots, thinly-sliced diagonally (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/4 cup of sweetened, shredded coconut
1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
3 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro
Lime wedges (optional)
Directions:
Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken. In
large saucepan combine shredded chicken with coconut, broth, lime juice,
sliced carrots, soy sauce, the 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, garlic
salt, salt, and fresh cilantro. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and
simmer, covered, 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
To serve, sprinkle bowls of soup with additional Italian seasoning, cilantro, and lime wedges.
No comments:
Post a Comment