Monday, November 22, 2010

The Stand Off

We are in a stand off with our heater.  Braedan and I are determined to make it at least through November until we turn on the heat.  We both much prefer being cold than too hot, so maybe that is where this idea comes from.  We've put the wool blanket on our bed and basically we live in our sweatshirts or under blankets, but we are winning thus far!  I mean, if it gets ridiculously cold, well then we'll have to concede, but right now we are still on track.  There are pros and cons to living on the third floor of our apartment building.  A con is that carrying up groceries by yourself sure stinks...but a pro is that when our downstairs neighbors are using their heat, we get some of the warmth as well.  So right now as I see the wind starting to blow around outside...I'm hoping we'll win the stand off..but we'll have to see...'tis the season!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, that's the same as me in my third floor apartment!

    Hope you're well :)
    Patty

    ReplyDelete