Lately, it has just been plain busy around here. I really would like to post more than we have been, but I'm still working on balance. I'm sitting here drinking my mint tea and finally taking in the chance to sit down and not have to think about where my students need to be next, what my lesson plans are, etc.
I learned today, that the Missouri tooth fairy pays the best in the world of tooth fairies. Did you know that? I didn't, but apparently one kindergartner seemed to believe firmly in that fact! I used to think the Iowa tooth fairy paid pretty well...
I've been subbing a lot (4 out of 5 days this week) and I am tired. Then, 2 out of the 4 days, I either teach lessons at our apartment after school or go and teach in the studio. So they can easily be considered long days. I think because I'm not entirely familiar with the teacher's schedules, I'm always on "high alert" and at the end of the day when my brain has had to be 3 steps ahead, I'm a little tired. (I'm not asking for pity here, but saying what I think) I want to make sure I'm following all the lesson plans and making sure we are mostly on time, so during a day of subbing I really focus. In the midst of all my complaining though, there is some good. I mainly have been getting calls for one school consistently and now after being there many times, the students recognize me and I have built some repore with the teachers around me and the students, so that is encouraging. It doesn't just seem like I'm another "substitute teacher"...which sometimes one can feel like. But I still really, really, really want my own classroom...I'm still trying to be patient.
Anyways, tomorrow is Friday and B and I are heading out to spend some time with family. TGIF! There is a lot more to catch you all up on, but for now, I've got a lunch to pack for tomorrow and some menu planning to do for next week, so I'll sign off here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment