Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Herb Project



Last summer we discovered that our western sun-filled window sills made for a perfect area to grow basil.  So, this summer we have decided to branch out a bit more and grow a few more herbs.  We started with Lemon Verbena and Oregano.  Since then, we've planted some parsley (which has really taken off) and also started some basil.  It just has added some of the outdoors into our apartment.  Plus, I'm hoping to try out some new recipes with them.  So far I've made some lemon verbena infused tea---which was very refreshing and I also have a great homemade pesto recipe that I can't wait to make again.  It's been exciting watching our plants take off and grow.  Every morning I check on the herbs and loudly exclaim to the hubby that "our babies are growing!"
Enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment