Well, we all have them. You know, those stacks of magazines in a pile or in a basket waiting for us to go through and read. I do love reading magazines though..now don't get me wrong...it's just that they start to add up and the basket gets more and more packed.
Anyways, a couple of years ago I got my mom a subscription to Rachel Ray's cooking magazine. I loved it probably more than she did, haha. When she was done with them she passed them on to me and there they sat. Until last week, that is.
Last week, I decided to attack my magazine stash and actually go through my cooking magazines and pull out the recipes I liked and recycle the rest.
So right now my hubby is being very patient as I try out all these new recipes on him. Such a hard life...I somehow don't think he minds a whole bunch :)
Well, here is what's for dinner tonight...or actually last Monday. Enjoy, it was delicious!
Chicken-Broccoli Couscous prep: 20 minutes cook: 20 minutes serves: 4
Ingredients
1/4 c. olive oil
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast
3 c. chicken broth
1 10oz. box couscous
1 onion, finely chopped
1 head broccoli, broken into small florets
1/3 c. raisins
1/4 c. chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/3 c. sliced almonds or walnuts
1) In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs. olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a work surface, let cool, then shred; reserve the skillet
2) Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 2 cups chicken broth and 1 tbs. olive oil to a boil, season with salt and pepper. Add the couscous, cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
3) In the reserved skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbs. olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and the remaining 1 c. chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, raisins, parsley and couscous; season with salt and pepper. Toss with almonds before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment