Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Early Morning Sun

It seems that for the past few days, around 5:00ish a.m., I sit upright in bed and think that B and I have slept in too long--past our alarms.  Thankfully, the sun is just that bright these days in the morning.  I do love having that sun shine bright and early.  This winter was a long and hard winter and I'm glad to be through it.

All of the sudden I have realized that we are halfway through May!  Crazy!  I don't really know where March and April went.  It seemed like they were here and now they are gone.  Well, to be truthful I do know where those months went.  I spent of lot of those weeks subbing and waiting to hear on a job verdict.  A lot of prayer, patience, worrying, frustration and waiting...you know how that job game goes.  Alas, it wasn't meant to be, so now I move on. 

As summer is approaching, the hubby and I are looking forward to a few trips this summer and seeing what other adventures are ahead for us.  While the hotness of our little apartment doesn't seem appealing, it's just one of those facts about living in Iowa in the summer.  We've already spent one hot summer here, so I think we can handle another. 

Our one year anniversary is quickly coming up and we can't believe it!  Hard to believe that one year is almost down in the books for us as a married couple!  It's been a great year and we have both learned a lot and our relationship has definitely deepened.

As for the job front, I have several applications out and I'm just waiting for some interviews.  I'm also looking in to options outside of the teaching realm.  I do love teaching and working with children, however I am getting frustrated that there haven't been many openings.  I just want my own classroom, is that too much to ask???  I've been subbing for almost 2 years now!  So, I'm doing some soul searching on figuring out where else I feel called to be.  I do have a long term sub. position lined up for next fall (which is encouraging), however it seems that in our area, music positions are not opening and that frustrates me to no end!  Thus, I've got to consider other options for the time being.  I know I will be put in the place I'm supposed to be, it's just hard waiting.

Well, I'm off to work this afternoon and need to get a few things in line before then.  Hope you all are having a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment