Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trash to Treasure

It makes me so excited when I am able to find something that someone else didn't want anymore..aka they decided to give it to a second hand store and it soon becomes my new treasure.
Thus my story begins.  As you probably know, most of our money goes into savings for that house that will be ours someday in the future.  So I do like to decorate our apartment and on a budget, sometimes that is hard to pull off.  But you can be pretty creative if you aren't afraid to do a little searching and get a little dirty.
Yesterday was a slow morning here in this household.  B decided to sleep in and I had to run and do a few errands and one of those errands took me right past Goodwill.  Perfect
So, as I like to read blogs of other budget-minded creative DIY decorators, I get some good ideas.  Some have been great, some have been flops, and other ideas have gone in the folder in my mind titled: for our future house.
I'm going to try to post more of my projects, however right now our computer is acting slow, so more later :)
And idea I saw, it was a flop, but I never quite knew what to do with that wall.
I found these babies and knew exactly where they would go. 
This little one fooled me.  I saw it, walked away from it, and then it enticed me into coming back and finally buying it.  It was worth it.
And the final result turned out pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment