Monday, March 4, 2013

Wedding Bouquet Ornament


After!
My wedding bouquet has been on display over the past 2 1/2 years since we got married.  At first it was nice and colorful and then slowly, the colors started to fade and the flowers started to get crispy and collect dust.  So, on a whim last week, I remembered something my sister had told me about on Pinterest.  She said people were taking apart their old bouquets and turning them into Christmas ornaments.   I originally put the idea in the back of my mind, but then after some thinking, decided it was time to turn my dusty bouquet into a keepsake.
Believe it or not, I got very sentimental taking apart my bouquet!  I think it's the fact that that new bride feeling is about 2 1/2 years old now.  Don't get me wrong, I am even more madly in love with my husband now, than I was then...but it's still kind of sad.  It is such a special time, a new time in your life.  
I found a couple good links on Pinterest here and here and went on my way.  I used the ribbon from my bouquet as ribbons on my ornaments.  I also luckily had some silk flowers in my bouquet and from my hair that gave my ornaments some colors.  My ornaments came from Michael's for about $2.99 a piece and were sitting in my craft drawer waiting for another project I had planned to do a couple of years ago.  The end product turned out really well and now we have 2 special ornaments to hang on our tree each year.  

Before...
 




No comments:

Post a Comment