Thursday, July 8, 2010

Settling In

Well, it has been a while since we last posted, but we haven't forgotten about you!
In the past week, we've been settling into married life a bit more now that we're back home. For the majority of our relationship, we have been a long distance couple. We would see each other about once a week on the weekends. Now, it is so nice to not to have our nightly phone calls--because instead we have actual face to face conversations! It is so nice to be able to live together and see each other every day! While it is an adjustment for each of us, because this is uncharted territory--we are just so happy to be together!
We are also settling into some roles as husband and wife. I have discovered my love for cooking! My parents are great cooks and love to cook, so I never really cooked much at home. Now, however, I love scouring my cookbooks and trying new recipes out. So, while I am the planner of meals and the chef of the house; Braedan is an excellent "logistics" man. Meaning, he is the one to always get the mail, he will take out the garbage whenever I ask, and is the one to go on errands if they are needed. He is just great!
Recently, one of Braedan's favorite meals was this great recipe. I thought I would post it on here for you all to enjoy. It is a really simple recipe called "Baked Taco Dish."

1 med. bag Doritos, crushed
1(14-16 oz.) can refried beans
2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
shredded lettuce, as desired
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
chopped tomatoes
2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

Put half the chips in the bottom of a 9x 13" pan. Add taco seasoning to
browned ground beef. Stir in beans; mix well. Layer on top of chips. Bake at
350* for 20 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from oven; add layer of lettuce,
tomatoes, and cheese. top with remaining chips.

Well, we are hoping to post some pictures soon--however we're still figuring out the ins and outs of our blog.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment